Frequently Asked Questions



Do you offer a third-party delivery service?
Yes, we do offer a third-party delivery service to our customers saving you time and money on storing and handling chemicals. We can also offer a third-party branding alongside this. Contact the team to discuss your requirements.
What is ADR 2023 (Agreement Concerning the International Carriage of Dangerous Goods by Road)?
ADR 2023 is the Agreement Concerning the International Carriage of Dangerous Goods by Road. An ADR vehicle specialises in carrying dangerous or hazardous goods by road. In the event of an incident, an ADR driver is trained to prevent, as far as possible, accidents to persons or property and damage to the environment.
Do you deliver on weekends and Bank holidays?
We do not currently deliver on a weekend or bank holidays unless this is part of a pre-planned, organised project which has been discussed and agreed at point of sale.
Can I request an AM delivery service?
We can offer an AM service however it will depend on the delivery postcode. Speak to a member of the sales team who will be able to confirm whether this is possible.
How do Vickers deliver hazardous chemicals safely?
We provide safe and reliable chemical distribution to businesses throughout the UK and internationally. We use couriers who are specialised in transporting hazardous goods safely, efficiently and on time. This service has been independently audited and approved. All vehicles and drivers are compliant with the European Agreement concerning the International Carriage of Dangerous Goods by Road (ADR). Our couriers are accredited to ISO 9001 and all hazardous freight will be handled and delivered by a fully ADR-approved warehouse and delivery team.
Can my order be delivered to my home address?
Due to the hazardous nature of some of our chemicals, we cannot deliver to residential premises. Vickers have a duty of care to ensure their products are used safely and legally, and as a result, we only trade with registered businesses.
What will I be charged for delivery?
Delivery charges will vary depending on packaging, weight and destination. Our sales team can advise you of delivery charges prior to placing your order.
What are the expected lead times?
Depending on the product, we aim to despatch your order within five working days. Our sales team will be able to advise on lead times for our products and services.
Can I have my order sooner if needed?
Yes. If an item is in stock, we do offer a next-day delivery service for a small fee. For updated carriage prices you can contact our sales team. If you have a specific delivery requirement, please get in touch and we will do our best to meet your needs.
What is the difference between standard and next day delivery service?
Standard delivery service will arrive 2-3 days from date of despatch. Next-day service will arrive the day after the goods are despatched.


Can I collect my order?
You may collect items from our main premises in Pudsey (please see our contact page for our location) Depending on the hazard rating of the goods, the driver may require an ADR licence to transport them legally and safely. Our specialist team will be able to advise you on this.
Do I need to book in a collection with Vickers?
You do not need to book in a collection. However, collections must be made during opening hours.

MON – 8am to 4:30pm
TUES - 8am to 4:30pm
WED - 8am to 4:30pm
THU - 8am to 4:30pm
FRI - 8am to 4:00pm


What incoterms do you offer?
Incoterms are the terms used in international trade to define the seller’s and buyer’s responsibilities as part of the sales contract. We offer the below incoterms as standard, however if our customers require us to use a different incoterm, we are happy to discuss this as part of the sales process.

DAP - Delivered at Place
DPU - Delivered at Place Unloaded
FCA - Free Carrier
Are you able to export goods upon request?
Yes, we are experts in this field and our export team are fully qualified in the packing and despatching of chemicals worldwide. All products travel in UN packaging to comply with legislation. Vickers will also supply the required paperwork ensuring your goods are expedited direct to you, or to your customers.
Do you provide commodity codes?
Yes, commodity codes are available upon request from our sales team.
Why do I need a commercial invoice?
A commercial invoice is required for all international commodity shipments. This document provides important information for the customs authorities, which helps them assess if the goods can move in or out of a country and what, if any, controls are needed. It also helps them determine duties and taxes. Every shipment must have its own commercial invoice. Our fully qualified export team will be able to assist you with all export queries.
Do I need an EORI number or an XI EORI number?
You may need an Economic Operators Registration and Identification number (EORI number) if you move goods:

  • between Great Britain (England, Scotland and Wales) or the Isle of Man and any other country (including the EU)
  • between Great Britain and Northern Ireland)
  • between Great Britain and the Channel Islands)
  • between Northern Ireland and countries outside the EU)
If you move goods to or from Northern Ireland you must have an Economic Operators Registration and Identification number (EORI number) that starts with XI if you:

  • move goods into Northern Ireland from Great Britain (England, Scotland and Wales)
  • move goods from Northern Ireland to another non-EU country
  • make a declaration in Northern Ireland
  • apply for a customs decision in Northern Ireland
You only need to declare certain goods you move from Northern Ireland to Great Britain. Check if you need to make an export declaration and will need an EORI number that starts with XI.


Do you supply a Certificate of Analysis (COA) with all orders?
A Certificate of Analysis or a Certificate of Conformity is provided for all products for full traceability and quality assurance. These can be obtained from our sales team at Please make sure you have the batch number to hand.
What is the difference between a Certificate of Analysis (COA) and a Certificate of Conformity (COC)?
A COA is a document which is issued by Quality Assurance that confirms that a regulated product meets its product specification. It contains results obtained from performing quality control testing of an individual batch of a product. The COA contains specific analytical data that is specific to a batch.

A COC is granted to a product that meets a minimum set of regulatory, technical and safety requirements. It contains header information about the product and may be provided with non-batch managed material.

We can provide these documents with your delivery or send via email.
Do you supply a Safety Data Sheet (SDS) with all products?
We supply an SDS with all our products. This can be sent with your delivery if required or via email. You can find product SDS’s on our website or contact our sales team.


How do I set up an account with Vickers?
Setting up an account with Vickers is simple. Complete the New Account Application Form and once our background checks are complete, you will receive a welcome email with your account details. Subject to our vetting process, we aim to get all accounts up and running within 24 hours.
How do you vet prospective customers?
To trade with Vickers, you must be a registered business and have a customer account with us. Once you have filled in the New Account Application Form, our senior management and accounting teams will run background and safety checks.
Can I pay on my credit card or pro-forma?
If you would prefer not to open a credit account, you can pay on a pro-forma basis or by credit card. This request can be made when you fill in your New Account Application Form and will be processed accordingly by the sales team.
What is a pro-forma invoice?
A proforma invoice is created and sent when a customer or buyer has committed to a purchase, but before the goods or services have been delivered. In other words, proforma invoices are issued before a sale has been finalised or payment is required. If you are a pro-forma customer payment will be required in full before goods are manufactured and despatched.
Can I order without setting up an account?
Due to the hazardous nature of some of our products we can only sell to customers who have been verified through the account application stage.
What are the credit terms for payment?
What are the credit terms for payment? Unless otherwise agreed between both parties at quotation stage, full payment is required within 30 days of despatch.
What payment methods are accepted?
We accept BACS / bank transfers, pro-forma and payment by credit card.
Are discounts available on bulk orders?
We do offer discounts on bulk orders, standing orders and ongoing purchases. Our range of vessels means that we can offer small-scale quantities through to multi-tonnage batches which will be priced accordingly. Please get in touch with your requirements and we can arrange a quotation that is tailored for you.
Can you provide a sample prior to purchase?
Yes. If you would like to try a product to check suitability, we can arrange a sample to be sent out along with specification and backed up with a Certificate of Analysis, giving full traceability.


Can I use my own branding and logo on the label and documentation?
Here at Vickers, we know how important it is to have your brand visible and keep your customers faithful to your brand. Vickers Laboratories can support customers with a 3rd party branding facility.

We can also deliver your own branded product direct to your customers saving you time and money on storing and handling chemicals.
Can you source alternative products that are not on the website?
Absolutely! Our highly experienced purchasing team source items from across the globe. Our chemists can also talk you through the suitability of different products and alternatives. Simply email with your requirements.
What pack sizes are available?
We offer products in all different sizes. Contact our sales team to find out more information on pack sizes and to discuss requirements.


The Control of Poisons and Explosives Precursors Regulations 2023
What is the difference between Regulated Substances and Reportable Substances? Reportable substances: there is no restriction on sale to the public. There is however an obligation to report suspicious transactions or attempted transactions. Regulated substances: sales are restricted to businesses and members of the public who hold a Home Office Explosives Precursors and Poisons (EPP) licence. Businesses do not need a licence for regulated substances they intend to use as part of their business or profession – however sellers need to obtain an EUD (End User Declaration) from the businesses they are selling to. What are The Control of Poisons and Explosives Precursors Regulations 2023? The Control of Poisons and Explosives Precursors Regulations 2023 introduces new substances to the list of regulated and reportable explosives precursors and poisons When did the Control of Poisons and Explosives Precursors Regulations 2023 come into force? New regulations affecting businesses selling and purchasing chemicals have come into force from October 1st 2023. How do we ensure we comply with the regulations? To comply with these measures, we have amended our processes and provided staff with training to ensure they have full awareness of their obligations under the Poisons Act when these products are requested or purchased.
How can I find out what the products are packaged in?
This is available upon request. We can establish bespoke packaging solutions to meet your requirements. Our chemicals are packed in UN approved packaging when required. Contact our sales team for more information.
What is the difference in product grades?
We sell chemicals of all different grades to varying specifications. As a general guide, see our chemical grade comparison chart
What is quality management and ISO 9001?
ISO 9001 is recognised internationally as the world’s most widely adopted Quality Management System (QMS). The ISO 9001 QMS continually helps us to monitor and manage quality across our business so we can identify areas for improvement.
Are all buffers traceable to National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) standards?
Vickers are equipped and able to calibrate equipment to NIST standards and our manufactured products match NIST-maintained measurement standards
Please could you advise the expiry date on this product?
Expiry dates will vary from product to product. If you require an expiry date our friendly sales team will be able to help you.
How can I speak to a chemist and get free technical support?
You can email any technical questions to and these will be answered by our experienced team of chemists.
Can you manufacture chemicals to my own specification?
We can develop products based on individual requirements and manufactured to your desired specifications and volumes. Our team of chemists have the capability to serve some of the world’s biggest names – maintaining quality throughout.
What is REACH?
REACH stands for registration, evaluation, authorisation and restriction of chemicals. UK REACH and EU REACH regulations operate independently from each other. Both regulations must be complied with, where necessary. UK REACH regulates chemicals placed on the market in Great Britain. UK REACH stipulates that chemical substances or mixtures that exceed 1 tonne per year per organisation must be registered with the HSE. The aim of REACH is to make companies who place chemicals on the market responsible for understanding and managing risks associated with the chemicals. UK REACH aims to provide protection of health and the environment and makes manufacturers and importers responsible for managing the risks of selling chemicals and their associated uses.
Vickers role with REACH
The aim of REACH is to make companies who place chemicals on the market responsible for understanding and managing risks associated with the chemicals. UK REACH aims to provide protection of health and the environment and makes manufacturers and importers responsible for managing the risks of selling chemicals and their associated uses.

Request a callback

Please contact us to discuss your requirements. We are happy to answer your questions.

I would like to discuss

Get in touch

I love my role as a customer service team leader as I enjoy helping our customers. I am passionate about giving great service and I believe that I am very efficient, conscientious and reliable.

Customer Service & Sales Team Leader